- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 377
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Cholesterol Content: 32 mg
- Fat Content: 20 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sugar Content: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat Content: 1 g
Beef Stuffed Green Peppers
Beef stuffed bell peppers are prepared by filling scooped out bell peppers with a delicious mixture of meat and rice, topping it off with cheese.
This dish satisfies your taste buds whether you are a meat lover or a veggie lover. It is also easy to prepare and extremely nutritious. It can be eaten as an appetizer or as a main course depending on your appetite and taste.
Beef stuffed bell peppers are very easy to prepare. If your child is old enough to operate an oven and the stove, it can even be a good way to spend a weekend afternoon or vacation time.
You do not need extensive preparation for this dish because all the ingredients are available around the house most of the time.
It also takes very little time to make. It is a nutritious dish because it consists of meat, vegetables, cheese, and grains, all very important food groups. This is a good way of providing your child with all these essential foods in a way that is pleasing instead of forceful.
- Bell pepper - 4 large, green
- Rice - 250 g boiled and seasoned
- Beef - 1 lb minced
- Cheddar cheese - 1 cup shredded
- Onion - 1 medium sized, chopped
- Tomatoes - 1 can
- Worcestershire sauce - 2 tbs
- Parmesan cheese - or mozzarella for garnishing
- Salt - to taste
- Black pepper - to taste
- First, boil the rice and season it with salt and pepper. Drain it and keep aside.
- Cut off the tops of the four bell peppers and parboil them for 4-5 minutes. Add some salt to the boiling water. Drain and keep aside.
- Cook the minced beef with the chopped onion until brown.
- Add mashed tomatoes, sauce and spices to the meat and onion mixture. Allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the parboiled rice to this mixture and cook for 15-20 minutes while stirring.
- Now add the cheddar cheese into this mixture and allow it to melt into the mixture.
- Stuff this mixture equally into the four scooped out bell peppers.
- Bake these in an oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for around 20 minutes.
These bell peppers can even be frozen for later use.