Easy Breezy Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers
Are you looking for a healthy, quick, and easy meal to pop into the oven after a long day at work or running around with the kids? This easy breezy chicken stuffed pepper recipe is just what you are looking for.
This recipe uses leftover chicken, so there is no waste and you save time and money by cooking once and eating twice!
All of the chopping and dicing prep work can be done the night before while you are making your first chicken meal. It will be ready for you to make when you walk through the door.
- Bell pepper - 4 sweet, large
- Onion - 1/4 cup fine chopped
- Garlic - 1 clove, minced
- Olive oil - 2 tbs
- Chicken - 3 1/2 Cups cooked, diced
- Chicken broth - 1 can (about 2 cups)
- Italian seasoning - 1/2 tsp
- Celery - 1/3 Cup, sliced
- Rice - 6 ounces, white or brown
- Tomatoes - 1 Can (including the liquid)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Carefully slice off the tops of peppers. Wash and remove the seeds. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a sauté pan, cook the onion and garlic in the olive oil until tender.
- Add chicken, broth, rice, celery, and Italian seasoning bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Remove rice mixture from heat, and stir in tomatoes. Spoon into peppers and place in a greased 2 quart baking dish. Place the remaining rice mixture around the peppers.
- Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the peppers are tender and filling is
Tips and Variations:
You can add more fresh vegetables if you are a veggie lover. Add ½ to 1 cup of any of the following vegetables (diced) to the rice mixture:
- Mushrooms (any variety)
- Yellow Squash
You can use other colored peppers, such as orange peppers, red peppers or yellow peppers. If you want to serve this for company, it would make a pretty platter!
Use a different kind of onion to change up the flavor. Use a low-sodium chicken broth if you are watching your salt intake. If you like a buttery taste, use butter to sauté the garlic and onions instead of olive oil.Add to Favourites