Family Fun Night Using Stuffed Peppers With Ground Beef and Rice
One of the easiest recipes to start with that everyone should be able to enjoy is stuffed peppers with ground beef and rice.
Look here at this fantastic recipe and give everyone a part in the process so that the entire meal really is fun.
Stuffed Green PeppersCooking with the family is very important these days. It seems as though school, work and the TV seem to dominate peoples weeks, and dinner always gets left out.
To get everyone off of the couch and into this kitchen, this is the right kind of recipe for the job. In fact, many families have reported having a great amount of cooking fun as well as fun devouring the meal when it is done cooking.
As long as the directions are followed and the right ingredients are purchased, there will be nothing to worry about.
Keep in mind, this type of recipe only serves about 6 people and can serve more if there are small children eating. Be sure to plan ahead of this and make sure that everyone is going to have the pepper that they want.
- Ground beef - 1 lb
- Rice - 1/2 cup white long rain, uncooked
- Water - 1 cup
- Bell pepper - 6 green
- Tomato sauce - 2 cups
- Worcestershire sauce - 1 tbs
- Garlic powder - 1/4 tsp
- Onion powder - 1/4 tsp
- Italian seasoning - 1 tsp
- When the ingredients have all been gathered, they should be laid out on the counter. This is going to help the cook stay as organized as motivated as possible.
- If cooking with small children, make sure that they can point or reach out for the ingredients so that they can actually feel like they have lent a helping hand. Do not forget to set the oven to 350 degrees as well and then begin.
- The rice is going to take the longest to cook, so make sure to pour the water and the rice in a saucepan to cook for about 20 minutes or until the rice is soft and edible.
- While that is cooking, take care of browning the meat all the way through and then draining it. When the rice has been cooked, everything needs to be combined and then simmered for a few minutes.
- From there, it should be easy to spoon the mixture into the peppers so that they are ready to be cooked up. When everything has been placed in the oven, the individual will then have time to start the clean up and get everything back in the dishwasher.
- One of the main aspects that people enjoy about this recipe is the fact that it will only take about 20 minutes to get everything set up and ready to go. The actual cook time of an hour is what typically takes the longest, but this will help the family catch up and finish up any pending homework so that there is no stress.
- Keep an eye on the peppers as they are actually cooking. Some ovens tend to vary simply due to age or brand and might take a bit longer to cook everything all the way through. Of course if the oven works a lot faster, the individual can expect to pull their peppers out of the oven within 40 to 45 minutes.
Cooking does not always have to be a one person job. Getting the entire family involved is going to help out greatly and will really help to pull everyone together. Families who want to change the way that they eat will be able to use this great stuffed peppers with ground beef and rice recipe.
This is a recipe that most kids love to enjoy, even if they are very picky eaters that are constantly hard to please. Cooking more meals like this will add to the overall health of the family and keep them happy all of the time.