- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 431
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 grams
- Cholesterol Content: 139 mg
- Fat Content: 19 grams
- Fiber Content: 2 grams
- Protein Content: 44 grams
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 grams
- Sodium Content: 2,800
Stuffed Peppers With Ground Chicken and Cheese
Ground chicken stuffed bell peppers are a great dish to get your veggies and a nice share of lean chicken as well. The melted Parmesan makes the dish very warming and great for lunch or dinners.
This is a great recipe that feeds four hungry appetites and definitely will be one which is requested again!
- Ground chicken - 1 lb fresh
- Parmesan cheese - 1 cup
- Bell pepper - 4 medium sized red, green or yellow
- Soy sauce - 1/4 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Tomato paste - 1 6 oz can
- Ginger - 1 tbs
- Spanish onion - 1/2 cup chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves diced
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- This is likely one of the easiest recipes, but will take a little bit of time to prepare. To start, In a medium sized skilled, heat oil in the pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, onion, and ground chicken and cook the chicken thoroughly until there is no longer pink and the juices run clear.
- Remove the pan from the stove and drain all grease. Return the pan to the stove and add the soy sauce, water and tomato paste.
- Over medium heat cook for 10 minutes.
- Cut the tops off of the bell peppers and clean the insides, removing the seeds and white inner fleshy veins. Taking a portion of the chicken mixture, stuff each bell pepper and sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese. Do this is a layering effect. A few spoons of mixture, some Parmesan cheese, and repeat.
- Place the bell peppers onto a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes. The cheese should be golden brown and nicely melted.